Free Online Publishing: Advanced Tips
Free online publishing mediums such as Amazon Kindle can be a great means for making money online. It is all about making the most out of the medium to earn the most money from your investment. Here are some helpful tips that you can use to publish books that sell and make money on the process.
1. Create a unique title and cover – Some would think of their title and cover before writing so as to have a framework on how they will make their book. Others will have those things done after they’ve completed the book and already have an idea on what their book is all about. Regardless of the approach, it is important that you make a unique title and cover. This will make your work stand out in your niche and help you sell more copies.
2. Go for professional editing – One of the important things you must do as a self-publishing entity is to create books that are worth publishing. Coming up with great ideas and translating them into good writing is the first step in doing that. Making sure it’s properly written is the next step. This is where going for professional editing services come into the picture. These services ensure that the final output is as flawless as possible. This may not be cheap, but it’s an investment worth taking.
3. Come up with a marketing plan – It is possible for even great-quality books to fare poorly because it’s not getting enough exposure. This is where proper marketing comes into the picture. The right marketing skills will help your book gain some extra mileage, helping you sell more copies and gain more profits as a result. You can use online mediums such as blogs and social media to gain more exposure. You can also get help from other writers to boost your book. You can even use SEO to your advantage. Promote your book right and you’ll reach your sales targets sooner than later.
4. Write multiple books – As mentioned earlier, it is possible to write a great book in free online publishing mediums and still get underwhelming sales. As such, it is recommended that you write multiple books. Create different books covering different niches, or you can focus on one or two niches and be an expert in them. Having more books will provide you more opportunities to earn. At the same time, it’s a great way to show your readers your ability to write great books.
5. Have your book reviewed – A book review is a deceptively good way to get your book some extra exposure. However, it is not very common that someone will actually make a review of your book. This is where professional services come into the picture. There are reputable websites that create professional book reviews for a fee. It is recommended that you consider them. They create high-quality and objective reviews. And while they will say a negative thing or two about your book (no book is perfect), such reviews will give your book both exposure and legitimacy.
If you are into free online publishing, use these tips. It will help take your venture to the next level.